NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: In-House Construction
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the direction of the Construction Coordinator. Prepares for renovations and additions insuring adequate quantities and types materials are on hand. Assists the Coordinator in scheduling the work. Reads and interprets construction documents. Properly performs all demolition, construction, relocation, installations of equipment as per the approved construction documents, manufacturer's instructions, and applicable regulatory codes and standards in a workmanlike manner. Strives to produce the highest quality work within the time and budget constraint of the project. Is motivated to deliver satisfactory work to the client without expanding the scope of the project beyond the approved limits. Insures all other tradesman are supervised when assisting in his/her craft.
1. Reads and interprets project documents, determining materials needs and insures correct materials are on site.
2. Designs minor systems when not addressed by the construction documents. Performs fabrication and installation on all phases of work relative to his/her trade in affected areas.
3. Performs necessary demolition ensuring completion prior to installation of new equipment or materials.
4. Identifies and remedies all existing code violations relative to his/her trade in affected areas.
5. Will supervise other craftsman when being assisted in the work of his/her trade.
6. Assist in procurement/bidding of all materials and equipment required trade and hiring of all sub-contractors directly related to the work of his/her trade.
7. Perform installations and connections for all systems and equipment in his/her trade insuring all systems are working properly.
8. Assists other trades in their work while specializing with a journeyman's skill level in one of the following: gypsum finishing, flooring, masonry and/or ceiling suspension installation trades.
9. Assists the installations crew in any project requiring additional manpower for this trade skill when requested by the Construction Coordinator or higher supervisor.
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
1. Education: high School degree or equivalent, formal training or certification on specific trade. Must be able to read and write at or above a high school level.
2. Licensure: None required, NC state commercial General Contractor's license preferred.
3. Experience: Minimum of five years in this specific trade plus a journeyman's skill level with a minimum of three years experience in one or more of the following trades: gypsum finishing, flooring, masonry and/or ceiling suspension installation (preferred). Prefer person who is cross-trained to provide proficient skills in one or more other general construction trade. Requires at least two cases of direct experience in the installation of specialized and complex medical equipment and fixtures.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!