The role of the Sr. IT Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize anywhere from small to large/complex Network Infrastructure and Client/Server technology projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The IT Project Manager will work closely with the Network Architect, System Architect, and IS Manager to define the project objectives and be the primary person for overseeing quality control throughout the project life cycle. This position requires a working knowledge of Network Infrastructure and Client/Server technologies. Works independently and requires minimal supervision under the IS Manager.
1. Consults with Medical Center departments, analyzes their system requirements, and develops project plans utilizing standard methodologies for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
2. Utilizes IT Governance software to track projects, project budgets, resources and timelines.
3. Assists in negotiating, reviewing and processing vendor software, hardware and services contracts.
4. Communicates as needed to Medical Center departments, acting as a liaison between client and IS.
5. Analyzes requests for support that require system changes and recommends appropriate changes
6. Implements new system features in support of Medical Center departments with guidance from the IS Manager in very large or high level/visibility projects only.
7. Responds to Help Desk requests from systems users defining priorities, answering questions and resolving problems.
8. Ensures that all system changes are properly tested and documented prior to review and implementation and that support staff are prepared for implementation. Ensures that all documentation has been submitted to the appropriate repository.
9. Communicates effectively in order to provide optimal support of all departments' information systems needs and to promote a professional climate throughout the Medical Center.
10. Actively participates in continuing education opportunities so as to maintain a current familiarity with emerging technologies.
11. Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
12. Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
13. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
14. Mentors, teaches and provides guidance to the Network Architect, System Architect and Technical Team leaders on project management methodologies and best practices.
15. Helps the Information Systems Manager prepare annual budgets.
16. Participates on the Production Quality Committee as needed.
17. Assist in the review of all Change Control Requests submitted by Network Operations.
18. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.