NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Radiation Oncology
Department: Cancer Institute RadOnc-Supply
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.0
Work Schedule: Full Time
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The chief therapist is responsible for daily operations, patient scheduling, quality improvement activities, clinical functions for radiation therapy/simulations as well as the direct supervision of all radiation therapists. Ensures departmental, medical center and other regulatory standards are met.
1. Participates in the interview and selection of staff for the department.
2. Orients new therapists to treatment area and simulation processes, departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
3. Responsible for completing 3 month (probationary period) and yearly performance evaluation of the radiation therapist.
4. Assist in establishing, reviewing and maintaining clinical competencies for radiation oncology to meet all JCAHO, ACOS, CoC and State regulatory agency standards.
5. Supervises and participates in the development, education and advancement of therapists.
6. Participates in the timely and efficient admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
7. Attends weekly chart rounds. Documents recommendations for improvement, educates staff regarding recommendations and documents the same.
8. Assists in development, reporting and maintenance of quality assurance for radiation therapy as defined by department Quality Improvement Plan.
9. Schedules technical staff assignment and unit rotation for all therapists.
10. Evaluates daily work sheets to ensure good work flow and economical use of personnel and time.
11. Performs radiation treatment and/or simulation in the absence of the therapists or as needed.
12. Maintains all equipment in a safe and satisfactory working order by reporting all defects or deficiencies as they arise to the service engineer of the physicist. Ensure that repairs are satisfactory executed.
13. Checks all charts of patients on treatment at regular intervals to eliminate dosage errors ad patient complications.
14. Conveys the instructions of the radiation oncologists to the appropriate person and ensure that they are carried out.
* Reg Radiation Therapist
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Must be a registered radiation therapist. Additional education in the following areas preferred: radiation therapy technology, dosimetry, treatment planning, administration, personnel management or clinical physics.
2. Licensure / Certifications: ARRT board certification required.
3. Experience: Minimum of five years of clinical radiation therapy in a radiation therapy center, two of which should be at a senior level. Supervisory experience required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award-winning team!