NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Clinics
Department: Maxillofacial Surgery
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Clinical Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Manager for the Outpatient Clinics and coordinates the daily activities for clinical staff in assigned areas. Supervises clinical staff members according to department policies & procedures and standards of care. Demonstrates expertise in the delivery of patient care in all clinical areas. Acts as a leader in the Outpatient Clinics and functions as a liaison to other departments within the Network and agencies within our service area. Engages in ongoing communication with other supervisors, departmental leaders and staff to assure that departmental goals are met.
1. Responsible for shift or specialty team operations, ensuring that policies, practices, procedures, and standards are followed in providing care. 2. Coordinates daily patient care activities, participates/leads daily patient care conferences. Ensures that patients are admitted, transferred and discharged in a timely and efficient manner. Collaborates with physicians and other healthcare team members in the development of the plan of care and facilitating patient outcomes. 3. Accepts a patient care assignment and provides care utilizing critical thinking skills with the nursing process. Performs nursing assessments to gather data and identify the patient’s needs for this episode of care per ANA standards and NCBON. 4. Assists in the development of department staffing schedules, edits ANSOS daily. 5. May review Kronos daily as delegated by department Manager. 6. Provides input for the development of departmental budgets, may review Visionware with the manager daily. 7. Rounds daily on patients, staff, doctors and waiting areas. Ensures that discharge phone calls are completed daily. 8. Assists in daily huddles around communication boards. 9. Provides education to staff, tracks adherence of all mandatory education and assists with staff development. 10. May assist with performance appraisals and/or middle performer conversations as directed by the management team. 11. Coaches/Counsels and recognizes staff for job performance. Gives input and tracks employees through 30 and 90 day periods. 12. Utilizes disciplinary action process following discussion with manager. 13. Participates in performance improvement initiatives and completes audits. 14. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs. 15. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: 1 year in clinical setting required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!