SERAC Logistics Coordinator (Part-time)
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 16021
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: NHRMC Grants
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.1000000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN Rotation
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Logistics Coordinator performs routine and minor maintenance on SERAC assets and equipment. Assists in the management of the inventory in the online inventory management system. This position is responsible for some oversight and coordination with routine volunteers that are available to assist in logistical needs of the State Medical Assistance team. This person is responsible for delivery of appropriate, discretionary and independent judgments
1. Maintains electronic inventory of SMAT equipment and supplies to ensure a 24/7 state of readiness.
2. Coordinates all aspects of fleet management for vehicles, trailers and equipment assigned to SMAT< SERAC and NHRMC (those specifically for disaster preparedness and response), with the capability of performing minor maintenance in-house when appropriate.
3. Capable of legally operating all SERAC prime-movers (tractor and trailer excluded) within one year of employment.
4. Maintains the SERAC ware house in a state of organization and cleanliness.
5. Responds appropriately using discretion and independent judgment to a wide variety of requests to maintain efficient and consistent levels of preparedness.
6. Ensures availability of uniform components and safety equipment for SMAT personnel.
7. Attends administrative staff meetings as scheduled.
8. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the values of the department. Participates in day-to day departmental activities and performs other duties and needed and assigned.
9. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
10. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of NHRMC on a daily basis.
11. Participates in meetings and activities as specified by the NCOEMS Statement of Work and NHRMC.
* Drivers License Class C
* High School Diploma
* Bachelors Degree
1. Education: High School or equivalent diploma/certificate
2. Licensure / Certifications: Current/valid State Drivers License within 30 days of employment, and meets NHRMCs driving requirements, DCL preferred; NC Licenses and certification within one year of hire.
3. Experience: Minimum of five years with a paid emergency service provider.