The Operating Room Assistant I reports to the Manager and Assistant Managers and works under the direction of the Professional Registered Nurse. The Operating Room Assistant I is responsible of assisting with care of patients.
1. Demonstrates aseptic and sterilization techniques and assists the circulating nurse in any way possible during surgical procedures.
2. Assists with case prep, turnover, maintenance of property functions supplies and equipment.
3. Reviews preference cards and gathers appropriate equipment and supplies.
4. Returns supplies and equipment appropriately per protocol.
5. Maintains cleanliness in assigned work area.
6. Participates in performance initiatives.
7. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs.
8. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.