Works under the supervision of the Food Service Coordinators, Food and Nutrition Management. Responsible for providing exemplary meal services to patients, employees, and visitors. Covers patient trays, loads trays in carts and delivers carts to assigned locations. Actively cleans patient trays, cafeteria trays, china, pots and pans, and department spaces. Maintains department sanitation standards. Performs other duties as assigned. This position will be excluded from providing support in the following departments: Emergency Department, Behavioral Health areas and Labor and Delivery areas.
1. Demonstrates a daily commitment to meeting the established Standards of Performance under the supervision of Food Service leadership.
2. Caps patient meal trays and loads trays in carts. Delivers carts to assigned locations, meeting department time parameters.
3. Retrieves patient tray carts after meal service.
4. Cleans equipment and workspaces according to sanitation guidelines.
5. Washes dishes, china, silverware, pots and pans according to department procedures.
6. Empties and removes department trash according to department procedures.
7. Maintains exemplary customer service in department and initiates efforts to resolve concerns.
8. Practices appropriate communication as necessary to support patient care duties and general operations.
9. Follows assigned work schedule and job outlines.
10. Applies good judgment in problem solving and prioritizing of duties.
11. Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence
12. Performs other duties as assigned.