Works under the supervision of the Environmental Services Coordinator. The Environmental Services Assistant, Minor cleans and serves patient, public, departmental and administration areas maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in assigned areas. This position will be excluded from providing support in the following departments: Emergency Department, Behavioral Health areas and Labor and Delivery areas.
1. Assemble cleaning supplies and equipment for transporting safely to designated area.
2. Must be able to perform routine and discharge patient rooms according to department standards.
3. Must be able to perform routine cleaning of all general area and public restrooms.
4. Must be proficient in removal and proper policy of separation of all types of hazardous waste and be able to share that knowledge.
5. Moves furniture for cleaning and meeting set-ups.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of hazardous chemicals and safe use of equipment reporting and malfunctions to coordinator.
7. Promotes customer satisfaction by scheduling cleaning function around patient needs and requests.
8. Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
9. Performs other related duties as required.