NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Radiology - PET
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 10HR DAY - Most of shift between 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager and Lead Tech. Performs diagnostic and therapeutic Nuclear Medicine procedures ordered by a physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Performs any combination of the following duties depending on area assigned.
1. Performs all Nuclear Medicine procedures.
2. Prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals, prescribed by a Radiologist, in accordance with hospital procedures and state and federal regulations. Administers contrast per established medication review protocols.
3. Prepares and maintains required documents pertaining to the use of radioactive substances.
4. Cares for patients during procedures. Prepares patients for their exams.
5. Provides patient and family members with needed examination information explaining procedures prior to their performance.
6. Transports patients as needed for all sections of the Radiology Department.
7. Documents all examinations by performing related duties such as labeling and identifying films, documenting procedure related information and properly charging for exams by established rate schedule.
8. Performs related duties such as reporting equipment malfunctions, assisting others, special assignments, cleans work area and replenishes supplies.
9. Performs quality control on equipment and Radiopharmaceuticals.
10. Provides for patient’s physical and emotional needs in a wide variety of circumstances.
11. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Cert Nuclear Med Tech
* Reg Nuclear Medicine Tech
* Associate Degree
Experience: 1-2 years in radiology preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Keywords: Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Nuclear Med Tech, Radiology, NMTCB, Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board, ARRT, RT (N), RT-N, Radiology Technologist, PET/CT, Positron emission tomography, Nuclear Medicine Imaging, Novant Health, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, NHRMC, Wilmington, NC.