Support Specialist Clinical - HC
7864 Us Highway 117 South
Rocky Point, NC
Job ID: 15277
Date Posted: May 30, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Home Care
Department: HC - Admin
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Responsible for routine clerical duties related to patient care delivery, including phone responsibility and assuring medical documentation and patient scheduling flows in a coordinated and efficient manner.
1. Timely management of assigned reports and work queues related to patient care and clinical documentation.
2. Accurately schedule home health visits to meet the needs of the patient and maintain compliance with physician orders.
3. Responsible for outgoing faxes and the routing of incoming faxes.
4. Scans/files all medical documentation in the medical record accurately and timely.
5. Assists with ordering DME equipment as requested by the home health staff.
6. Answers and routes phone calls appropriately.
7. Maintains all medical records secure and confidential.
8. Collaborates with supervisor for clinical decisions that affect patient care and scheduling.
9. Respond appropriately to scheduling conflicts such as emergencies or staff call outs
10. Scheduled in weekend and holiday call rotation.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Two year degree preferred in health or business related field.
2. Licensure: None
3. Experience: 2 years experience in a clinical or healthcare setting, EPIC experience preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.