NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job - #EntryLevel
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Guest Services
Full Time Equivalent: part-time
Work Type: 48 to 63 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS:
- 1st/3rd week - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 4:30am - 1:00pm
- 2nd/4th week - Monday & Tuesday, 4:30am - 1:00pm
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Provide positive public relations for the hospital, doctors, nurses and families who utilize the Surgical Family Waiting Room. Act as liaison between surgery staff and family members. Oversee schedule for all Surgical Waiting Volunteers.
1. Keep the daily surgical listing up to date with appropriate information about family or others who are waiting for a patient in surgery. 2. As families check in, provide pager and instructions on where to wait for surgery to end. Pull face sheet for patient, log arrival into HSM and give pager to the family. Once surgery is underway, if a family wishes to leave, stress the importance of 1 or 2 members staying in the immediate area. 3. When nurse calls or physician comes to the room, page family to hear report on surgery. 4. Direct families to appropriate location to be reunited with patient. 5. If Day of Surgery, Pre-Op, Post-Op, or Recovery (PACU) request family members, please escort them whenever appropriate. If no escort can be arranged, provide a map and clear directions to the area. 6. Inform hospital appointed liaison or appropriate coordinators of any problems or high stress among families. 7. Evening/Closing Volunteers: Inform the Liaison or PACU that you are leaving. Call in any remaining pagers. Inform the remaining waiting families they will need to answer the telephone. Set pagers on the charger rack and lock up the pager cabinet with the silver keys. Replace the key in the inside pocket of the book and return the book and key to the front main desk. 8. Maintain schedule for all volunteers and work with volunteers to get subs and provide adequate coverage for SWR. 9. Assume responsibility as a team player, maintains schedule and substitutes as needed, in a manner that will provide adequate coverage for the front desk. 10. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of NHRMC on a daily basis. 11. Performs other related duties as required.
1. Education: High School Graduate
2. Licensure / Certifications: none
3. Experience: 2-3 years reception, greeting, customer service preferred. Epic experience preferred.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!