NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Radiology - Info Systems/Sched
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Department’s Operations Manager and Scheduling Coordinator. Coordinates the delivery of Central Scheduling services by assigning and prioritizing tasks. Accountable for quantity and quality of work in Central Scheduling. Performs all Central Scheduling functions.
1. Serves as the department scheduling agent by answering requests for information by telephone or refers request to staff member.
2. Answers and screens telephone calls; records and relays messages. Responds to inquiries and gives information based on the departmental policies.
3. Schedules patient visit, coordinating time according to type of procedure and staff time; directs patients to appropriate imaging service for scheduled appointments.
4. Completes patient-scheduling services accurately as ordered.
5. Establishes, maintains and revises recordkeeping and filing systems.
6. Gathers data from departmental records. Prepares charts and forms; operates computer terminal to input and retrieve data.
7. Greets patients, office staff and others via telephone in friendly, professional manner.
8. Provides patient preparations as appropriate.
9. Maintain equipment and inventory of supplies needed for departmental work.
10. Maintain professional standards by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs.
* High School Diploma
Experience: Basic computer skills with preference to candidate with knowledge of a Radiology Information system. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.