Certified Cardiographic Tech (NA I license req)- PRN Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
507 E Freemont St
Job ID: 15199
Date Posted: Jun 19, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: 1 West - Nursing Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN ROTATE - PRN-Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager, One West. Provides continuous telemetry monitoring services to Acute Care. Trained in cardiac rhythm analysis and EKG patterns. Provides rhythm analysis, documents and interpret rhythm strips and communicates with Licensed Care Provider rhythm and rhythm changes. Interacts with patients, physicians, nursing staff, biomedical engineers and purchasing department staff. Also performs NA 1 duties to supplement care team as needed under the direction of the Nurse Manager and under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse to provide patient care within their scope of practice. The patient care activities are individualized for each patient population.
1. Continuously monitors rhythms with analysis and interpretation, documents and mount rhythm strips.
2. Responds appropriately to lethal and pre-lethal arrhythmia’s and reports to nursing staff.
3. Maintains working knowledge/expertise of all monitoring equipment. Utilizes computerized arrhythmia system for data collection.
4. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
5. Completes a variety of clerical specific tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning.
6. Interprets physician’s orders.
7. Serves as Switchboard Operator for facility.
8. Competently performs a variety of patient care activities to meet the daily personal needs and comfort of the patient. Performs Nurse Aide I skills as approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and facility policy.
9. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines..
10. Organizes, prioritizes, and performs work effectively and efficiently
* Cert Nursing Asst I
* General Education Degree
Experience: One year experience as a medical technician preferred. Prior clerical experience in a medical facility preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!