NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Cardiac Rehabilitation
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift between 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager/Coordinator of Cardiac Rehab. Responsible for the provision of the nutritional care to cardiac, pulmonary and weight transition program participants keeping with accreditation standards. Screens program participants and assesses nutritional status and needs. Educates program participants and families with various diseases and condition on therapeutic diet restrictions and rationale as well as working with weight loss and preventative aspects of diet. Understand and integrates into delivery of care the age specific clinical and psychosocial needs of the adolescent -geriatric population. Participates on interdisciplinary health care team, consulting with and making appropriate nutrition-related recommendations to patient’s physician. Participates in health screenings and outreach services. Serves as educational resource to staff.
1. Patient Screening of nutritional/medical status utilizing medical history, physical examination, biochemical and other objective data including age. Is primarily responsible for establishing nutritional goals with program patients, and identifies patients who are or may become malnourished or at risk.
2. Performs initial and follow-up assessments of program participants following state and national guidelines. Determines and make recommendations to program participants and physicians and documents in medical record specific nutrient needs of patient, integrating the principles of nutrition for the stage in the life cycle disorder or disease being treated.
3. Instructs patients in various ages (and their family members or significant other as needed).on prescribed diet restrictions and rational, individualizing meal plans and counseling sessions documenting progress and education in appropriate part of the medical record.
4. May perform moderate of waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
5. Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences serving a consultant on nutritional care.
6. Provides nutritional education as requested by staff of the medical center and serves as a program representative in the community.
7. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
8. Working knowledge in the use of personal computer workstations and Microsoft Windows environment for delivering patient care to include placing orders for clinical services, reviewing results from clinical tests and documenting delivered care.
9. Aides in program development and expansion.
10. Assists in daily operations of programs as needed.
* Registered Dietitian
* Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: Registered Dietitian (General): One-year experience as a clinical dietitian in an acute care setting preferred.
Registered Dietitian (Outpatient Cancer Center): Preferred ≥ 2 years’ experience in area of practice. Solid knowledge of clinical nutrition with emphasis on nutrition needs of cancer patients. Excellent counseling skills and the ability to relate to a multi-ethnic community and varied learning levels.
Registered Dietitian (Outpatient Pediatrics): ≥ 3 years’ experience in pediatric nutrition practice (Required). Experience and strong working knowledge of current medical nutrition therapy for pediatric conditions. This may include but is not limited to TPN, infant and enteral formulas, understanding of insulin management, GI disorders, diabetes, renal, pulmonary and weight management /growth concerns for children ages birth to 18 year of age (Required).
Registered Dietitian (NICU): ≥5 years of clinical experience with ≥ 3 years’ newborn/pediatric experience preferred; Intensive Care experience or ≥ 6 weeks training. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Keywords: Dietitian, Registered Dietitian, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Nutritionist, Licensed Nutritionist. Novant Health, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, NHRMC, Wilmington, NC.