Care Team Specialist - Primary Care
3151 S. 17Th Street
Job ID: 14939
Date Posted: May 31, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG-Care Coordination
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.1
Work Schedule: PRN DAY
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Under the general direction of the Corporate Clinical Manager, improve provider quality by reviewing future appointments for evaluation of preventive or disease management services due and communicating those needs to the clinical teams to ensure appropriate testing/evaluations are performed on upcoming office visits. To audit charts and provide care gap closure information and chart notes to health care entities as directed.
1. Identifies patients with diabetes with future appointments utilizing reports from EPIC.
2. Review charts of patients with diabetes in advance of their scheduled appointment to confirm quality measures have been performed as appropriate. Examples are diabetic foot exams, dilated eye exams, and lab testing etc.
3. Appropriately communicates information to physician/clinical staff any items not performed as indicated by performance measures.
4. Updates health maintenance as appropriate.
5. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
6. Works with other Care Team Specialists to develop standard work process.
* High School Diploma
Experience: Clinical experience or study. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!