NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Glen Meade Center for Women's Health
Department: Glen Meade Women's Hlth-Wilm
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Practice Director provides strategic and operational leadership for the growth and development of NHRMC Physician Group physician practices resulting in a full continuum of services that supports the system’s strategic imperatives and the identified needs of the community. The Administrator reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with the physician network and hospital leadership teams.
1. As a strong leader, the Administrator serves as a liaison internally and externally, to implement and maintain a comprehensive ambulatory strategy for assigned practices at NHRMC Physician Group and its surrounding communities.
2. The Administrator will have a close working relationship with the Practice Physicians, Administrative Leadership, Referring Providers and the community.
3. The Administrator maintains clinical and financial expertise; jointly developing strategies with physician leadership to advance care and lead the structured plan to deliver quality and cost effective care.
4. Utilizes data to develop and present recommendations to stake holders to develop new programs and improve services resulting in better outcomes, increased market share and profitability.
5. The Administrator will provide direction and leadership to the practice staff.
6. Accountability includes capital and operational budget preparation and maintenance, performance improvement and quality management, customer relations and community outreach.
7. Provides direction to performance improvement initiatives, supports professional and regulatory preparation efforts, ensuring a focus on improved patient outcomes.
8. Develops and continually ensures that a planned, systematic and on-going process for monitoring, evaluating and improving departmental operations are addressed with proper communication and documentation.
9. Assists in the allocation and distribution of resources based upon patient acuity and volume.
10. Develops and implements financial analysis and reporting system to include budgets, variance analysis and resource control.
11. Collaborates with Human Resources in developing strategies that promote retention and recognition.
12. Maintains professional associations with peers on a local, state and national level.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of management experience. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!