NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Neurodiagnostic Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the director of the Neurodiagnostic Center, and the coordinator for the department. Prepares patients for and conducts routine and special END procedures, such as EEG and EMG. Performs diagnostic and investigative END studies in the lab, on all ages of patients served by the department.
1. Performs complex and routine END procedures, such as EEG, NCV/EMG, Long-term video EEG monitoring, ambulatory EEG, Pentobarbital Coma monitoring, EMG, EOG/DAC, Evoked Potential Testing. Follows procedural protocols for testing in each specialty named.
2. Performs testing under the guidelines established by The American Society for Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists.
3. Able to perform duties independent of supervision but, is under general supervision of the laboratory supervisor rather than under direct supervision.
4. Assists in the instruction of junior staff members.
5. Takes call as scheduled by the supervising technologist.
6. Provides instruction to patients and family members concerning procedures and post-procedure topics when needed.
7. Accurately documents and files each procedure, including preparation for final processing.
8. Maintains equipment in proper working condition. Monitors inventory and notifies coordinator of any supplies that need to be ordered.
9. Participates in appropriate continuing education.
10. Ensures that departmental record-keeping including databases, information retrieval systems and reports are performed in a timely manner.
11. Transports patients within the Medical Center as needed.
12. Gathers documents and appropriately considers a medical history from each patient.
13. Displays a courteous and positive attitude with patients, co-workers, physicians, and the general public.
14. Able to keep sensitive material confidential. Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of patient and hospital information.
* Reg Polysomnogram Tech
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High school diploma. An associates degree or higher is preferred. Completion of an END program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs is preferred. National professional credentials in a least one modality are preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: BCLS (CPR) certification required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
3. Experience: Enrolled in or graduated from an END program OR at least two years of experience in the field of END. Familiarity with computers required.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Keywords: Neurodiagnostic Technologist, electroneurodiagnostic tech, END Tech, EEG, Electroencephalogram technologist, EEG Tech, Neurodiagnostics, Epilepsy Monitoring, Novant Health, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, NHRMC, Wilmington, NC.