3151 S. 17Th Street
Job ID: 14781
Date Posted: Apr 25, 2023
Works under the direct supervision of the Emergency Department Clinical Coordinator or the RN/LPN designee. Performs a variety of basic patient care activities in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. Is also responsible for completing a variety of department specific tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning.
1. Provides basic patient care within established guidelines. Assists professional staff with patient care under direct supervision of a Professional Registered Nurse. Documents appropriate and pertinent information on patient care record.
2. Performs phlebotomy, specimen collection/processing and “Lab Point of Care” testing within CLIA standards.
3. Obtains EKGs.
4. Receives and processes EMS radio calls, notifies appropriate staff accordingly of incoming patients and prepares area for patient reception.
5. Cleans clinical and non-clinical areas and stocks supplies according to standards.
6. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.