NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Home Care
Department: HC - Skilled Nursing
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that patient care is coordinated and managed appropriately. The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that care and services are delivered appropriately as well as the supervision of clinical personnel.
1. Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information related to case, including disciplines required, to determine home care needs. Assigns appropriate clinicians to case.
2. Reviews and evaluates each case by reviewing the services provided by clinicians, conferences, record review, discusses and verifies impressions, instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality home care services, and is available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians as appropriate.
3. Reviews patient’s clinical diagnosis, medications, procedures and clinical course.
4. Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, in developing plan of care, and reaching established team goals.
5. Monitors team’s patient outcomes and staff performance. Coaches team members as appropriate.
6. Conducts joint home visits with clinicians to evaluate the delivery of care provided.
7. Conducts annual performance evaluations. Provides coaching or disciplinary actions as appropriate.
8. Attends case conference meetings with organization personnel to facilitate coordination of care.
9. Coordinates with the PI Coordinator to conduct quarterly record reviews. Communicates record review findings and recommendations to the PI Coordinator.
10. Conducts initial screening and interviews of new applicants and makes recommendations for employment of individuals. Assists in the orientation of new organization personnel.
11. Coordinates with the Clinical Nurse Educator in the planning, implementation and evaluation of inservice and continuing education programs.
12. Assists in the formulation, revision, implementation, and evaluation of policies and procedures, as well as strategic goals and objectives.
13. Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
14. Participates in public relation and community activities that promote the Organization's role as an effective member of the health care delivery system.
15. Promotes customer service orientation to all organization personnel.
16. Assists with administrative call on a rotational basis.
* Registered Nurse
* Drivers License Class C
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Associates degree in Nursing required. BSN preferred.
2. Licensure: Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of North Carolina. BLS certification. Valid Driver’s License required.
3. Experience: Two years management or supervisory experience in health care setting, preferably home care.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!