NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: Surgical Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: Standard Hours
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Clinical Coordinator for Nursing works under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Director. This position provides support in daily patient care activities, personnel, and departmental operations. The Clinical Coordinator for Nursing maintains current clinical skills and is competent to support the delivery of care, regularly performs the job duties of a registered nurse to include all aspects of the nursing process, is accountable for assuring quality outcomes and appropriate resource consumption. The Clinical Coordinator for Nursing has the authority to enforce the Standards of Behavior and works to ensure that the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization are upheld on a daily basis. The Clinical Coordinator for Nursing will complete primary job duties based on the needs of the Department and the Manager/Director. This may include weekends and holiday coverage.
1. Assists with daily operations ensuring that policies, practices, procedures, and standards are followed in providing care.
2. Provides input for the development of departmental budgets.
3. Assists in the development of department staffing schedules and makes appropriate staffing adjustments to meet staffing targets.
4. Demonstrates effective communication skills when rounding daily on patients, staff, doctors and waiting areas and addresses any issues and concerns as they arise.
5. Provides education to staff as needed, assists in tracking adherence to all mandatory education and assists with staff development.
6. Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to ensure achievement of quality goals and completes audits.
7. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and interdisciplinary projects.
8. Participates in and assists the Manager with staff meetings.
9. Coordinates with staff and physicians to ensure key items, equipment, supplies etc. are available as needed.
10. Serves as a resource to staff for management of patient care problems. Identifies specific issues, and concerns that require Manager/Director intervention and follow through.
11. Works closely with Manager in the hiring process to ensure the BBI process is properly utilized, all hiring policies are followed and the most qualified candidates are hired.
12. Participates in chart audits, quality reports and other department oversight responsibilities as they arise.
13. Exhibits the ability to problem-solve, appropriately confront issues and motivate others both individually and as a group.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: 3 years in clinical setting preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!