Cytotechnologist - Anatomic & Molecular Pathology (Evergreen)
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 14258
Date Posted: Jul 25, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Anatomic & Molecular Pathology
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager and Technical Supervisor (Pathologist). Performs technical and associated clerical tasks including the microscopic examination of a wide variety of complex cellular body specimens for the purpose of identifying abnormal changes in cells that may be indicative of pre-malignancy, malignancy and/or any other disease process. This responsibility must be performed with high degree of accuracy, precision and timeliness. These assessments are based on scientific knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, and pathology and on judgment acquired in specialized training. Some assessments greatly affect patient care since they are reported as final diagnoses.
1. Microscopically examine all types of cytology slides (Gyn and non-Gyn) for evidence of malignancy and other disease processes.
2. Sign out negative PAP smears.
3. Refer all positive PAPs and all NON-GYNs to the pathologist for review and sign-out.
4. Provide information to physicians and other health care professionals regarding interpretation of patient results.
5. Perform QC/QA activities (e.g., 10% negative re-screens, proficiency testing, etc.)
6. Perform concentration procedures as requested or when appropriate.
7. Receive and process specimens; stain slides.
* Cytotech(American Soc Cl Path)
* Bachelor of Science
1. Education: Bachelors degree in cytotechnology or bachelors degree in science with one year formal training in an accredited school of Cytotechnology.
2. Licensure / Certifications: ASCP Certification in Cytology
3. Experience: Five years experience preferred
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!