NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Radiology manager. Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures as ordered by a physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. May perform other radiologic examinations if certified by AART.
1. Obtain complete clinical history, gather examination data and assesses for contraindicating conditions, and reviews radiologist's reports for each patient.
2. Performs retrograde filling of bladder for pelvic scans as needed.
3. Performs all ultrasound techniques and examinations.
4. Selects proper technique factors on individual patient basis.
5. Reviews images for clinically acceptable results and releases patients.
6. Transports patients, positions patients, and helps them on and off x-ray table.
7. Provided patient with preparatory instructions along with explanation of procedure and side effects. Coordinates ultrasound scheduling and patient preps.
8. Assists patients with dressing, undressing and hygiene needs.
9. Performs and documents quality assurance and quality control functions for ultrasound.
10. Orders supplies for Ultrasound. Restocks linen and supplies, and maintains procedure room in clean orderly condition between patients.
11. Responds to emergency situations.
12. Processes images and performs other duties as assigned.
13. Considers patient age, when evaluating care to ensure the appropriate course of therapy.
* Reg Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
* Associate Degree
Experience: Two years' experience in Ultrasound technology preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
|Keywords: Ultrasound Technologist, Sonographer, Radiology, Novant Health, Pender Medical Center, PMH, Burgaw. NC. Wilmington, NC|