NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Rehab Svcs-Inpatient Therapy
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of Clinical Director of Rehabilitation Services. Responsible for planning and implementing administrative and operational activities for Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Recreational Therapy, and Speech Therapy at NHRMC Rehabilitation Hospital. As a licensed rehabilitation clinician is responsible for promoting evidence based techniques as a foundation for rehabilitative care. Performs assessments and formulates an individualized treatment plan for meeting or exceeding identified health and rehabilitation needs. Interventions are outcomes focused, value-based and consistent with best practice. Actively participates in all aspects of the rehabilitation process as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Facilitates LEAN activities and adapts to changing environment to meet patient and department needs. Advocates for NHRMC, Rehabilitation Services, patients and coworkers. As a member of the Rehabilitation Services management team is responsible for leadership in all aspects of Service and Operational Excellence.
1. Serves as a role model for standards of performance (Ownership, Teamwork, Communication, and Compassion).
2. Effectively demonstrates leadership in the principles of service and operational excellence that support achievement of all pillar goals (Service, People, Quality, Growth, and Finance).
3. Performs human resource management functions including interviewing, orientation, rounding, coaching, counseling, quarterly conversations, and performance appraisals.
4. Takes responsibility for staff scheduling and ensures accuracy of time/attendance records.
5. Demonstrates professional skill and competence by utilizing all aspects of best practice of the discipline-specific rehabilitation process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation) to manage or supervise an effective and safe, patient-centric plan of care that promotes optimal outcomes..
6. Serves as a resource for clinical, regulatory, and administrative issues.
7. Performs audits, tracers, rounding, and other similar functions to ensure standards are met or exceeded and performs any necessary follow-up, coaching, or counseling.
8. Drives continuing process improvement using LEAN methodology or other program development activities.
9. Applies sound judgment in managing assignments, problem-solving, delegating, communicating, and triage of patient care and non-patient care duties. Requires minimal to no oversight to complete responsibilities in efficient, effective, and thorough manner.
10. Acts as a champion in adapting to new technology and changes in delivery of care.
* Occupational Therapist
*Speech Language Pathologist
* Bachelor of Science
Licensure / Certifications: Licensed to practice rehabilitation discipline as a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Pathologist in the state of North Carolina.
BLS certification Required.Experience: Minimum 2 years of clinical experience. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
Keywords: Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Coordinator, Physical Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Healthcare Administration, Rehabilitation Services, Novant Health, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, NHRMC, Wilmington, NC.