Works under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager. Takes direction from the Plant Operations Manager or the Plumbing Foreman. Performs installations, repairs, and PM's on plumbing and related systems. Works independently or as a team member. Is responsible for assuring that repairs and installations are performed in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, local and state code and regulations. Performs other duties as required.
1. Read, understand and comply with facility departmental policies and procedures, including infection control, hazardous materials, asbestos locations and all applicable job-related safety precautions.
2. Performs maintenance and repairs to all plumbing and related systems, prioritizes work by policy, customer needs and convenience schedules. Works independently or as a member of an all trades maintenance team.
3. Responds to utility failures in accordance with policy, taking, if necessary, independent, prudent action to safeguard the life and safety of patients, visitors and other staff members.
4. Performs work orders and assignments according to priority, customer convenience scheduling, obtains and prepares materials necessary to perform work in the most expeditious and cost-effective manner possible.
5. Performs planned maintenance (PM's) on assigned systems and equipment. Maintains legible, accurate, organized records that can easily be interpreted by co-workers.
6. Communicates pertinent information in a professional manner to co-workers and customers to assure work flow is seamless and customer disruption is minimal.
7. Complies with required educational programs. Completes necessary documentation and clerical work. Maintains and accounts for tools. Keeps a clean and organized work area.
8. Assures all work is done in compliance with all related codes and regulatory agencies and required permits are secured prior to start of job.
9. Provides instruction to and fills in for co-workers when necessary.
10. Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.