NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center - Wilmington, NC
Department: Employee Health
Work Type: 48 to 63 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR Day Shifts Around 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Employee Health Nurse manages and delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to medical center employees, volunteers, physicians, students, temporary workers or others, ensuring their ability to perform their job duties with no physical risk to themselves or their patients. All medical center policies and procedures and all regulatory agency guidelines and requirements are followed in delivering care. The Employee Health Nurse assumes accountability for his or her own ongoing learning needs and competency.
1. Follows established protocols and policies and procedures to perform post offer pre-employment and annual assessments and required testing on all new hires and regular employees, volunteers, physicians, students, temporary workers or others presenting to Employee Health Services, ensuring adherence to all medical center policies and procedures and all other agency guidelines and/or requirements.
2. Collaborates with Employee Health Service physicians, private physicians, workers’ compensation case manager and other team members to facilitate an appropriate plan of care for patients and return them to work expeditiously.
3. Performs follow-up per policy on all workers’ compensation injuries, as assigned, and ensures proper documentation and collaboration with the Workers’ Compensation Case Manager.
4. Provides care based on established standards of practice, policies and protocols and documents assessments and patient’s response, as appropriate, in the employee medical record.
5. Participates in programs and individual training sessions to educate employees on Employee Health Services and issues. Provides appropriate and pertinent patient education to the patient to facilitate optimal patient function, independence and health.
6. Collaborates with Manager of Employee Health Services to formulate and administer health and wellness programs.
7. Participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve processes and outcomes.
8. Demonstrates accountability for ongoing learning needs, completion of annual education requirements and competencies.
9. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: 3 years clinical nursing, one of which must be in occupational health nursing or adult ambulatory care. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Employee Health, Occupational Nurse, Novant Health, NHRMC, New Hanover Regional Medical Center