MLT Supervisor - Primary Care
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 13457
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG-Ogden Lab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.0
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Director. Medical Laboratory Technician Supervisors are responsible for the procurement of blood and analytical evaluation of blood and other body fluids. All tests must be performed with accuracy and precision. Supervisors must have working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation including operation, maintenance and troubleshooting. They must perform and record data from quality control procedures. Medical Laboratory Technician Supervisors are expected to participate in the education program of the laboratory and must have the ability to make decisions and solve problems. The scope of patient care ranges from neonatal to geriatric patients.
1. Procures specimens and performs, and evaluates waived, moderately complex and highly complex laboratory analysis on blood and other body fluids.
2. Performs instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting procedures.
3. Performs quality control and proficiency testing procedures.
4. Responsible for problem solving with Medical Technologists in investigating problems and unusual situations.
5. Utilizes and laboratory computer systems in performance of daily tasks.
6. Coordinates and ensures compliance in the Education Program both within and outside the lab to ensure the highest degree of competency within the established scope of patient care.
7. Trains in the implementation of new methodologies and procedures.
8. Ensures compliance in the implementation of and compliance with standards set by the Medical Center and regulatory/accrediting agencies.
9. Interfaces with Medical Center personnel, physicians, staff from other facilities relative to test results.
10. Maintains adequate level of reagents/supplies to perform testing.
11. Provides assistance to other staff as needed.
12. Generates appropriate and required documentation of testing and support procedures.
* Med Lab Tech
* Associate Degree
Experience: At least five years experience in testing methodologies performed in a recognized Highly Complex lab setting required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!