The Pharmacy Analyst II has primary responsibility to independently lead efforts of self and others for analysis, build, testing, validation, problem resolution and ongoing support of IT applications. Responsible for maintaining expert knowledge of software functionality, and acquiring knowledge of the operational department representatives to function as a proactive consultant for IS, vendors and business partners. Trains and mentor’s others. Integrates their current knowledge of professional practice standards, as well as industry rules and regulations, ensuring that IT solutions are compliant with regulatory requirements. The Pharmacy Analyst II works with customers across interdisciplinary workgroups using technical knowledge and a system based approach to system design to support the organization’s mission and strategic initiatives while promoting patient safety and positive patient outcomes.
Knowledge, Experience & Education
1. Ability to effectively support multiple complex applications and facilitate cohesive integration of software applications among IS Teams and with business and clinical operations.
2. Recommends solutions that support best practice and adherence to organizational and regulatory standards.
3. Independently motivated to seek knowledge through self-education, mentoring, etc. in areas pertaining to their current position.
4. Recognized as a source of expert knowledge and proactively functions in that capacity when sought after by others.
5. Maintains expert knowledge of functional and technical operations of supported applications to effectively function as a consultant for IS, vendors and business partners.
6. Understands application and relationship to business/clinical workflow.
7. Advanced knowledge and experience with coordinating testing strategies to ensure accuracy, functionality and reliability of the system across modules.
8. Proven ability to conduct analysis, document findings, draft plans, execute, monitor and follow up.
1. Takes initiative to meet and get consensus with end users and/or Informatics and/or Business Support Specialists for ongoing review of workflows associated with upcoming enhancements or system changes.
2. Coordinates and performs cross functional team evaluation, testing, and implementation of system optimization, defect patches, system upgrades and releases according to the Information Services support model and change control procedures.
3. Proactively facilitates ongoing review of upcoming enhancements or system changes and coordinates with stakeholders to develop plans to operationalize change.
4. Proactively monitors and plans for application system changes to meet regulatory requirements.
5. Ability to effectively analyze and resolve complex issues.
6. Identifies the “root cause” of problem quickly and begins problem resolution.
7. Advanced knowledge of multiple methods of problem resolution.
8. Understands the interdependency and flow within and between applications from both an operations and systems perspective on a complex level.
9. Reviews and provides updates to documentation that reflects current and future state workflows.
10. Analyzes organizational requirements and recommends system enhancement and adoption of new systems in alignment with strategic goals.
11. Adept at multi-tasking.
Independence and Leadership
1. Works independently, trains and mentors others.
2. Demonstrates ability to effectively manage small to medium scope projects following standards and procedures set by Project Management methodologies.
3. Identifies process and improvement opportunities; effectively communicates ideas, solutions and action plans to enhance team and departmental functions to leadership.
4. Participates in and seeks out opportunities for PDSA and A3 improvement initiatives.
5. Actively promotes collaboration and strives to achieve team and organizational goals while mentoring and coaching others.
6. Provides leadership and best practices in areas of expertise through presentations, publishing, teaching/training others and promoting continuous learning and improvement throughout the team.
7. Able to provide leadership for team and represent team interests to others inside/outside department on behalf of manager.
8. Embraces innovation and drives change by example.
9. Provides input into standards, procedures and policies relating to various technologies.
10. Participates on organizational governance and oversight committees as needed.
Organization and Industry Knowledge
1. Stays informed on current market trends and emerging technology developments that impact the customer, organization and industry. Engages key stakeholders and management to evaluate, design and implement solutions.
2. Understands collective organizational needs.
3. Demonstrates commitment to learning by actively participating in department/organizational meetings, committees, forums, improvement efforts, training opportunities and career development goals.
4. Participates in external professional associations (user groups, etc.) and is sought out by peers for subject matter expertise.
1. Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions. Does not make excuses for errors. Acknowledges and corrects own mistakes, following the Just Culture Model.
2. Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, modeling IS Standards of Performance, governance and performance management processes and contributes to reinforcement across the team.
3. Completes work, which is thorough, complete and does not require assignment to be redone. Work is completed in a manner that accomplishes the desired results and significantly exceeds standards of acceptability.
4. Holds self personally accountable to meet or exceed team expectations and reinforces behavior in others.
1. Understands how processes and systems affect the organization.
2. Doesn’t make assumptions. Asks questions about process and potential for improvement. Willing to respectfully challenge long held beliefs.
3. Examines data and metrics in problem definition and resolution.
4. Considers all possible alternatives to resolve work problems with awareness of organizational impact. Recognizes sources of available information and obtains and documents detailed facts using advanced techniques.
5. Uses subject matter expertise to determine optimal solutions and uses information to implement plans that resolve complex problems.
6. Supports customers in the development of reports and monitoring of metrics to guide future enhancements and minimize risk.
Quality and Safety
1. Understands the importance of and complies with incident and service request responsiveness to minimize business disruptions and safety risks.
2. Implements actions with internal and external resources as needed to improve outcomes and performance.
3. Understands the risks and consequences that errors could have on patient care and/or organizational finances and establishes a plan with team to mitigate risk.
4. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision and values of NHRMC.
Interpersonal Relationship Skills
1. Interacts with team members and customers in a courteous, respectful and reciprocal manner.
2. Develops effective working relationships with others.
3. Practices attentive and active listening.
4. Handles difficult interpersonal situations with the intent of making positive contributions that result in desired outcomes and resolve issues.
5. Impacts positively on relationships between others. Demonstrates consensus building skills.
6. Understands and adapts to different personal styles to achieve results.
1. Demonstrates excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication for all audiences and scenarios.
2. Matches communication style to the message and the audience.
3. Supports large-scale initiatives or projects and presents controversial or complex information to large, diverse audiences in a meaningful way.
4. Communicates proactively with customers, peers and management. Knows how and when to raise awareness to team and leadership, provides effective content and with ideas for resolution.
1. Assists in development of shared vision, goals, objectives and values of team.
2. Promotes cooperation and commitment within the team by working collaboratively with others and facilitating cross-team involvement. Communicates strengths, shares expertise and draws upon other member’s skills to improve team and department performance.
3. Recognizes, values and supports other team member contributions.
4. Develops, respects and reinforces team processes across department.
5. Facilitates decision making and helps develop team’s ability to make effective decisions. Respects and actively supports team decisions once they are made.
6. Acknowledges and celebrates the achievements of team and teammates. Ensures achievements are visible, communicated and recognized across team and department.
7. Performs duties collaboratively, engendering cooperation rather than competition among colleagues.
* EPIC Certification
1. Education: RPh or PharmD. required.
1. Licensure/Certifications: Current North Carolina registration and licensure as Pharmacist. PGY1 residency or equivalent required. Primary system certification may be preferred but not required. Will be required to obtain primary system certification within 60 days of completing training in assigned application module(s) if applicable and must maintain primary system certification in assigned application.
2. Experience: Two years working in a pharmacy or healthcare related field to include knowledge of pharmacy operations and involvement with automation operations. 5 years of experience as an analyst designing, implementing, testing and supporting vendor packaged software applications required. Advanced knowledge and experience in leading system analysis and testing with special emphasis on system methodologies, projects management and business process reengineering related to information systems required. Experience in health care setting preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.