Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Centralized Warehouse
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under direct supervision of Departmental management. Operates organizational vehicles to transport and deliver items such as medical supplies, equipment, mail, lab specimens and cash disbursements Manages the USPS process. Responsible for the inventory management and replenishment of par locations. Responsible for the storage, issues and delivery of stock/non-stock items and durable medical equipment to all departments at NHRMC. Participates in the daily and bi-annual cycle counts. Responsible for the delivery, collection and decontamination and cleaning of durable patient care equipment and reusable sterile linens used for patient care; care of traction hardware, and the manufacture of medical / surgical supply kits.
1. Manages incoming USPS mail for 17th Street campus, SEAHEC, Business Center and other assigned locations. Prepare all USPS and intradepartmental mail to all NHRMC and affiliated physician group off-site locations. Prepare all out-going USPS mail.
2. Maintains clinical courier log sheet as required, gasoline purchase records and daily mileage logs. Responsible for maintaining interior and exterior cleanliness of assigned vehicle. Report any damage or service needs as needed.
3. Makes purchases from local merchants for specialty items, delivering those items and processing paperwork. In addition, makes daily cash collection and delivers to Cashiers Office, maintain appropriate documentation; patient charts and information to and from various locations.
4. Counts and replenish par locations managed by Materials Management, including picking and delivery of supplies, while monitoring inventory levels to ensure availability of supplies.
5. Maintains the assigned area of the warehouse to ensure that product is stored in the distribution center properly by ensuring that all bin locations are labeled properly with the appropriate labels/charge sticker and rotates stock to ensure proper rotation.
6. Manages the Customer Service desk and perform the functions required, including over the counter sales, routing requisitions, patient charges of specialty beds and braces, process STAT requests, route phone calls and intercept and resolve customer complaints.
7. Participates in cyclical and complete physical inventories. Works in conjunction with the Distribution Coordinator on all official inventories.
8. Operates folk lift and pallet jacks, monitoring operation of the equipment, reporting any service-related Issues.
9. Collects and as appropriate distribute surgical and procedural instrument trays, minor moveable equipment and durable medical equipment. As needed and for appropriate equipment perform decontamination procedures, using appropriate department equipment in the process.
10. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Drivers License Class C
* General Education Degree
Experience: 1 - 2 years experience in warehousing and/or a distribution type environment. 1-year experience in inventory management. 1year experience using an automated inventory control preferred. 1 year hands on experience with supply management and establishing par levels preferred. Knowledge and complete understanding of the procurement process. Experience with shipping, receiving and distribution functions required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.