NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Inpatient Clinical
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager for Clinical Nutrition. Provides direct patient care by implementing medical nutrition therapy according to standards of nutrition care. Participates as an integral member of the health care team in day-to-day activities, including patient care conferences, program development, student rotations, and performance improvement.
1. Provides medical nutrition therapy to assigned at-risk patients according to established Standards of Nutrition Care. Nutrition care resource for the health care team. Documents assessment, nutrition plan, and response to nutrition intervention.
2. Provides nutrition support to assigned patients according to Standards of Nutrition Care. Documents nutrient requirements, formula selection, feeding route and patient response.
3. Instructs patients and / or significant other in nutrition modifications per protocol. Documents response to nutrition education.
4. Communicates patient medical information in accordance with medical center procedures as an interdisciplinary health care team member.
5. Knowledge of the Nutrition Care Process as it relates to the nutrition needs of patients and ability to apply all steps of the process.
6. Precepts students in area of practice.
7. Practices appropriate written and verbal communication as necessary to support patient care duties and general operations.
8. Participates in program activities that support team function and performance improvement.
9. Seeks opportunities to continue professional growth and education as well as promoting the professional growth of others.
10. Supports program operations by demonstrating flexibility and adaptability with work assignments.
11. Applies sound judgment in problem solving, delegating and prioritizing of duties.
12. Manages job duties effectively and efficiently. Performs all required activities with minimal oversight needed.
13. Advocates for department, medical center and the community.
* Registered Dietitian
* Licensed Dietician/Nutritionist
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: Registered Dietitian (General): One-year experience as a clinical dietitian in an acute care setting preferred.
Registered Dietitian (Outpatient Cancer Center): Preferred ≥ 2 years’ experience in area of practice. Solid knowledge of clinical nutrition with emphasis on nutrition needs of cancer patients. Excellent counseling skills and the ability to relate to a multi-ethnic community and varied learning levels
Registered Dietitian (Outpatient Pediatrics): ≥ 3 years’ experience in pediatric nutrition practice (Required). Experience and strong working knowledge of current medical nutrition therapy for pediatric conditions. This may include but is not limited to TPN, infant and enteral formulas, understanding of insulin management, GI disorders, diabetes, renal, pulmonary and weight management /growth concerns for children ages birth to 18 year of age (Required).
Registered Dietitian (NICU): ≥5 years of clinical experience with ≥ 3 years’ newborn/pediatric experience preferred; Intensive Care experience or ≥ 6 weeks training. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Keywords: Registered Dietitian, Clinical Dietitian, Nutritionist, Inpatient, Novant Health, NHRMC, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Wilmington, NC