NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
With a primary concentration on teamwork, integrity, and continuous improvement of clinical processes, the Pre-hospital System Specialist provides high quality patient care and safe medical transport to sick and injured patients in all age groups. In addition, the Transport System Clinical Specialist is accountable for supporting and facilitating the ongoing clinical & training based regulatory & accreditation standards for all NHRMC transport services staff (NHRMC EMS, VitaLink, AirLink, and PCTS) . This position reports to the VitaLink Clinical Outcomes and Compliance Manager in collaboration with the EMS Administrative Manager
1. Responsible for all duties as a boarded and approved clinician within the transport division and maintains all pertinent certifications and licenses. 2. Ensures ETS staff meet accreditation and regulatory requirements. 3. Supports ETS Quality Management and Improvement initiatives and serves as a primary preceptor during staff orientation and during remedial training. Completes required paperwork in a timely manner. 4. Shares responsibility for the development, delivery, and competency validation for new equipment, procedures, protocols, and accreditation standards. 5. Liaison between the Performance Improvement and Total Quality Management Committees. 6. Actively participates in the chart quality assurance process. 7. Participates in developing effective clinical changes for improvement in quality and/or efficiency. Develops and revises medical standards in collaboration with the compliance department 8. Collaborates with ETS education coordinators supporting staff in in the maintenance of required certifications. 9. Serves as an instructor and coordinates the regular delivery of at least three of the following courses: ACLS, PALS, NRP, TNCC, PHTLS, CPR. 10. Serves as an expert resource for ETS policies and clinical protocols and procedures. 11. Participates in the development and presentation of network education projects as requested. 12. Supports ETS annual skills competency checks and simulations. 13. Demonstrates knowledge and mastery of all CAMTS and CAAS recommendations regarding clinical care, quality management, and safety. 14. Oversees annual delivery of emergency vehicle operator training and certification. 15. Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the transport services simulation labs and equipment. 16. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines
* Registered Nurse
* Drivers License Class C
* Cert Critical Care Nurse
* Cert Emergency Nurse
* Cert Transport Nurse
* Cert Emergency RN - Flight
* Associate Degree
* Bachelors Degree
Education: Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
Licensure / Certifications: Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of North Carolina. BLS/CPR, ACLS, and PALS certification. Current and valid Class C operator’s license required. Must meet general hospital driving requirements. EVO is required to drive during emergency situations. Advanced certification (CFRN, CEN, CCRN, or CTRN) required. NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience providing pre-hospital clinical care. Previous medical education and simulation training preferred.
Must possess a high level of integrity, an eye for detail and an ability to effectively communicate to staff. Demonstrates high-quality clinical care through simulation and competency testing.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!