NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: NHRMC Cafeteria
Full Time Equivalent: full-time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Food Service. Responsible for the supervision and outcome of assigned area. Ensures compliance with state, county, and accrediting body.
- Demonstrates a daily commitment to meeting or exceeding the established Standards of Performance.
- Conducts interviews, assists in the selection, orients and trains new employees.
- Monitors attendance and daily performance of assigned employees, maintains necessary documentation, counsels and disciplines employees as necessary.
- Schedules staff and monitors scheduling minimizing overtime.
- Completes performance appraisals for assigned employees.
- Monitors sanitation of work areas and equipment for compliance with health department regulations and fire codes.
- Monitors adherence to Medical Center and department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing complete operation for the department on weekends and holidays.
- Responsible for the department security to include opening and closing of the department.
- Supervises the daily operation of food production assignments for hot/cold food production, catered events and Dinner at Six.
- Participates in the planning of special events and weekly cafeteria specials.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations on dealing with all members of the team.
- Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
- Maintains and adjusts personal schedule to enhance team performance.
- Performs related duties such as special assignments or assisting other coordinators.
- Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Drivers License Class C
High School Diploma
1. Education: Associate Degree in related field or High School Diploma with two-years experience in food service or general supervision.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Serv Safe Certification Preferred
3. Experience: High School Diploma with two-years experience in food service or general supervisions, or Associate Degree
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!