Patient Family Facilitator
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 12875
Date Posted: Feb 2, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Emergency Department
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR EVE - Most of shift btwn 3P-11P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The facilitator works under the direct supervision of the Emergency Department Clinical Coordinator or the RN/LPN designee. The Patient Family Facilitator acts as a liaison between Emergency Department patients/ families and staff, provides personal interaction and communication to patients and their families.
1. Facilitates communication between patients/families in the lobby areas and Emergency Dept Staff
2. Functions as the communication source for the Emergency Department lobby.
3. Acts as a community resource for patients when needed.
4. Greets patients, visitors, and guests on their arrival to the ED entrance.
5. Rounds hourly on patients and family members waiting in the Emergency Department lobby providing comfort measures, nourishment and updated information with the guidance of the triage RN.
6. Maintains professional standards by participating in in-services, committees, etc.
* General Education Degree
Experience: Prefer one-year health care setting or equivalent. Knowledge of computer preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.