NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Rehab Svcs - Acute Care
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Clinical Director/Therapy Manager and Coordinators. Performs direct patient care under the clinical supervision of the Physical Therapist. Interventions are outcomes focused and consistent with best practice and policies. Actively participates in all aspects of the rehabilitation process as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Supports LEAN activities and adapts to changing environment to meet patient and department needs. Advocates for NHRMC, Rehabilitation Services, patients, and coworkers.
1. Demonstrates professional skill and competence by utilizing all aspects of best practice in the Physical Therapist Assistant process (implementation, treatment, minor modifications to treatment plan) to manage an effective and safe, patient-centric plan of care that promotes optimal outcomes.
2. Adheres to NHRMC policies/procedures and standards established by CMS, Joint Commission, CARF, licensure, and/or other regulatory agencies.
3. Collects and accurately documents required clinical information, including Functional Independence Measures (FIM) or other standardized outcomes measures.
4. Demonstrates accountability by participating in education, training, LEAN and quality improvement efforts, councils/workgroups, and/or advocacy efforts.
5. Applies sound judgment in managing assignments, problem-solving, delegating, communicating, and triage of patient care and non-patient care duties. Requires minimal to no oversight to complete responsibilities in timely and thorough manner.
6. Serves as a clinical resource for patients, their caregivers, and the interdisciplinary team.
* Licensed PT Assistant
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant school.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Licensed to practice as Physical Therapist Assistant in the state of North Carolina. BLS certification.
3. Experience: None required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
|Physical Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapy, PTA, Acute Care, Rehab Services, Novant Health, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Wilmington, North Carolina, NC.|