NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Spiritual Care
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
CPE Resident is a student enrolled in the one year Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Residency Program. Works under the supervision of a CPE Supervisor. Works as a colleague with other CPE Residents. Participates in the educational programs of CPE and as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing spiritual care to patients, families and staff. Uses spiritual care knowledge and skills to effectively manage plans of care for patients in developmental stages Neonate (0-28 days), Pediatric (1 month - 12 years), Adolescent (13 - 17), Adult (18 - 72) and Geriatric (72+ years). Fulfills educational requirements of the residency year of Clinical Pastoral Education.
1. Provides spiritual care to patients, families, and staff in assigned clinical areas.
2. Participates in the interdisciplinary team approach to patient care.
3. Participates in the 24 hour in house spiritual care on call rotation.
4. Conducts inter-faith chapel for the Medical Center, Coastal Rehab and The Oaks.
5. Participates in departmental meetings, projects and community education.
6. Maintains satisfactory participation and progress in each unit of CPE.
7. Complies with accreditation standards.
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: Two years ministry experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.