NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Spiritual Care
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The On-call Chaplain reports directly to the Director of Spiritual Care. The On-call Chaplain functions as a colleague with CPE students and other department staff. Participates in the on-call rotation as needed. Provides clinical coverage as needed. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing spiritual care to patients, families and staff. Uses spiritual care knowledge and skills to effectively manage plans of care for patients in developmental stages Neonate (0-28 days), Pediatric (1 month - 12 years), Adolescent (13 - 17), Adult (18 - 72) and Geriatric (72+ years). Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Provides spiritual care to patients, families, and staff. Responds to all pages, referrals and requests for spiritual care.
2. Participates in the interdisciplinary team approach to patient care.
3. Provides statistical report of ministry offered. Enters appropriate information in the department logbook and patient medical record.
4. Conducts inter-faith chapel for the Medical Center, the Rehabilitation Hospital and The Behavioral Health Hospital.
5. Participates in departmental meetings, projects and community education.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Master of Divinity (or equivalent) preferred.
2. Licensure/Certifications: Successful completion of one unit of ACPE CPE required. Completed in-person interview with the Director of Spiritual Care.
3. Experience: One year ministry experience preferred. One unit of ACPE CPE required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!