NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Home Care
Department: HC - Aides
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The home health aide is a paraprofessional member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse or therapist and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the patient’s needs. The home health aide is responsible for observing patients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
1. Provides basic personal care, i.e., with bathing, oral hygiene, toileting, skin care, ambulation.
2. Measure and record vital signs, i.e., temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure.
3. Assist with household tasks that are directly essential to client's health.
4. Provides a clean, safe environment and safe use of health-care equipment, i.e., side rails, wheelchairs, oxygen, ambulation aides, within the home.
5. Prepares meals based on health-care regime and consideration of client preference.
6. Reminds client of medication schedule; does not administer medications, does not take a physician's order nor perform any procedure requiring the knowledge/skill of a licensed professional.
7. Maintains medical records secure and confidential; medical record locked during non-office hours; all client charts kept in medical record room.
8. Re-enforces teachings and counseling of the Registered Nurse and/or licensed therapist under the direction and Supervision of the Registered Nurse.
9. Communicates immediately all changes in the client's mental, physical or environmental condition to the registered nurse or therapist.
10. Documents in client record, in accordance with regulatory agency guidelines, health care law, and NHRMC Home Care policy, in a timely manner; accurately records services provided client's response, communications with Registered Nurse and/or other health care team members, all client-related activities.
* Drivers License Class C
* Cert Nursing Asst I
* General Education Degree
Experience: Three years clinical experience required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Key words: Home Health Aide, CNA, Home Care, Nursing Assistant, Novant Health, NHRMC