Social Work Admin Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
507 E Freemont St
Job ID: 12336
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Department: Clinical Outcomes
Full Time Equivalent: Part-Time
Work Type: 32 to 47 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Clinical Outcomes Manager assisting Social Workers by coordinating outcomes on the Skilled Nursing and Swing Bed units.
1. Assists with coordinating placement for patients when appropriate.
2. Assists with patient/resident discharge plans and communicates patient discharge needs.
3. Completes paperwork, including FL-2s and prior authorizations in an accurate & timely manner.
4. Assist Clinical Outcomes Manager and/or Liaison with admission process as needed to include correspondence with hospitals, nursing facilities, etc.
5. Assists in coordinating community resources for patients and families to include assistance with home health referrals.
6. Check Medicare/Medicaid and insurance benefit eligibility, as needed. Gets prior authorizations for insurance benefits.
7. Performs administrative tasks for Outcomes Dept. as assigned.
8. Maintains daily census records for Pender SNF and Swing Bed Unit by payer source.
9. Accurately enters patient billing data for Pender SNF and Swing Bed Unit into the information system.
10. Maintains accurate Medicare and Medicaid billing analysis reports for Pender SNF and Swing Bed Unit.
11. Prepares Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient remittances for data entry for Pender SNF and Swing Bed Unit patients.
12. Accurately processes and prepares for billing Medicare, Medicaid, private payer patient claims in accordance with payer requirements and organizational policy for Pender SNF and Swing Bed Unit.
* General Education Degree
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Licensure/Certificate: None Required
3. Experience: Minimum of one year long term care experience. Experience in long term care billing preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.