NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: Treasury Operations
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Reports to Manager of AP/Payroll. Responsible for preparation of Quarterly payroll tax filings, semi-annual sales tax refund filings and annual escheats filings. Preparation of general ledger account reconciliations. Works closely with Payroll Manager for process evaluation and improvement. Assists with preparation of bi-weekly payroll processing as needed. Controls and oversees the payroll process. Reviews and balances the Kronos upload, and other documents for input into the payroll system, balances totals, processes payroll, remits ACH files, prints and distributes payroll checks and vouchers. Reconciles, files and pays various payroll deduction remittances. Reviews questionable pay practices and entries. Works closely with AP/Payroll Manager for process evaluation and improvement. Works with other departments to help resolve payroll related questions. Performs monthly closeout procedures including accrual preparation and monthly account reconciliations. Assists with preparation annual 1099 tax filings. Assists with the processing of vendor invoices for payment, as well as employee business expense reimbursements and patient refunds as assigned. Works with purchasing and materials management personnel to resolve discrepancies and other issues resulting from a 3-way match invoice processing system. Processes all vendor, employee and patient refund payments in accordance with Medical Center policies and procedures.
1. Oversees the entire payroll process from start to finish for each bi-weekly process, demand runs, manual payments, closings, etc.
2. Prepares Quarterly Payroll Tax filings to the Internal Revenue Service, NC Department of Revenue, and Employment Security Commission as well as the Multiple Worksite Report in cooperation with the US Department of Labor.
3. Maintains Time Record Information in Kronos. Enters Historical Edits for time & attendance adjustments in Kronos as needed.
4. Prepares the paperwork for IRS and NC Department of Revenue and processes Bi-weekly tax deposits and inputs them in ImageNow.
5. Prepares or assists in the filing of the annual escheat filing to the NC Secretary of State Treasurer.
6. Support the daily activity of the Accounts Payable staff to ensure accurate and timely accounts payable processing.
7. Preforms month end closing and reconciliation process for AP and Payroll
8. Assist with preparation of W-2’s, 1095c’s and 1099’s.
9. Assists with financial audits, including preparing client assistance work papers and responding to inquiries from external auditors, ratings agencies and local agencies.
10. Serve as a support contact for vendors, management and staff to ensure proper protocol is followed regarding payments requests in accordance with medical center policy.
11. Review and\or process weekly and demand check runs in Lawson through paper checks, ACH’s, pcard and BIP payments.
12. Maintain vendor files to prevent duplication of vendor records.
13. Review and process “void” and credit transaction requests.
14. Work with other departments and vendors to resolve problems and discrepancies.
15. Update, maintain and develop where necessary, accounts payable policies and procedures to support the operations of the network.
16. Maintain recurring payments to ensure proper payment with regard to both amount paid and amount due in accordance with established contract terms.
* High School Diploma
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: 3-5 years accounting experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and professional experience. Demonstrated experience or extensive course work related to Business ERP’s and document imaging required. Experience with Lawson and Imagenow software preferred. Proficiency with Excel is required. Experience with Payroll, Accounts Payable, tax filings and Lawson (Infor) software preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.