NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Food Services
Full Time Equivalent: full-time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most shifts between 7AM-3PM
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Director of Food & Nutrition Management. Performs a diverse variety of general and confidential clerical/business functions using word processing, spreadsheets, and other applications to accomplish support for the Food & Nutrition Management as they relate to departmental and employee records, inter- and intra-departmental correspondence, and maintains policy and procedure manuals.
1. Responds to department visitors and telephone callers by promptly relaying messages and providing guidance.
2. Maintains department documentation files for equipment and operations.
3. Maintains department personnel files.
4. Completes all correspondence for director, managers, coordinators, and clinical dietitians.
5. Schedules appointments and meetings for the department director and managers, including room and equipment reservations.
6. Records and posts minutes from department and area meetings.
7. Prepares monthly departmental statistical reports, weekly productivity reports, and assigned special projects utilizing department data, including Benchmark.
8. Maintains Kronos for director, managers, coordinators and employees reporting directly to Director.
9. Processes all referrals for outpatient dietitian received via phone and facsimile.
10. Schedules all appointments for outpatient dietitian and maintains PHS scheduling system.
11. Informs patients of financial responsibility at the time of scheduling.
12. Processing and authorizing payroll deduct applications.
13. Receives and posts all department mail.
14. Maintains department policy and procedure manuals to reflect current operations and practice.
15. Maintains department inventory of office supplies and ordering office supplies as needed.
16. Processes catering requisitions and room requests utilizing NetCatering, EventMaster, and NetCalendar during the absence of the Catering Liaison.
17. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
18. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion
High School Diploma
1. Education: High school graduate or equivalency. Graduate of a 2 year secretarial or executive secretarial program or 3 years experience in a secretarial role. Associate’s Degree preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None.
3. Experience: Three years of secretarial experience with a wide scope of responsibility, including but not limited to reception duties, scheduling, meeting arrangements, minutes, etc. in a medium or large organization working for one or multiple individuals.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!