NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Home Care
Department: HC - Physical Therapy
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Responsible for providing services to patients according to the physician’s plan of care. Responsible for coordinating home care services for therapy only patients, to include establishing and maintaining the patient’s plan of care. Responsible for the quality, customer service and financial management of assigned case load.
1. Assesses patient needs through the collection and interpretation of health care assessment data.
2. Develops and ensures all patient plan of cares are appropriate to meet the individual needs of the patient.
3. Evaluates and establishes written goals based on the client's current level of functioning and potential for improvement.
4. Coordinates patient care between the patient, caregiver, physician, and other appropriate disciplines.
5. Responsible for the completion of all home health documentation, including the timeliness of admissions, recertification, discharges, and all OASIS documentation.
6. Ensures all clinical records are in compliance with health care law, reimbursement guidelines, agency policy and accreditation standards.
7. Obtains, clarifies, documents and reports physician orders as appropriate.
8. Provides patient and caregiver teaching as appropriate per the plan of care.
9. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition.
10. Identifies discharge planning needs and implements prior to discharge.
11. Communicates information effectively to appropriate members of the multi-discipline health-care team to facilitate continuity of care; documents communication.
12. Conducts physical therapy admissions, recertification, ROC, and discharges for the assigned case load.
13. Conducts routine physical therapy visits as needed.
14. Conducts supervisory visits when necessary to monitor home health aide performance.
15. Accountable for quality outcome and patient satisfaction scores of assigned patients.
16. Oversees financial management of all assigned cases including insurance authorizations and meeting reimbursement requirements.
* Physical Therapist
* Drivers License Class C
* Bachelor of Science
1. Education: A graduate of an approved Physical Therapy school.
2. Licensure/Certificate: License to practice as a Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina. Valid North Carolina driver's license. Current BLS.
3. Experience: Two years clinical experience in Home Health preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.