Lab Assistant-CHA - NHMG-Myrtle Grove Lab
This job posting is no longer active.
5145 South College Rd
Job ID: 12146
Date Posted: Jan 12, 2023
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG-Myrtle Grove Lab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.0
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 9HR DAY
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the general direction of the Laboratory Supervisor this individual receives processes and performs routine tests in medical laboratory to provide data for use in diagnostic and treatment of disease.
1. Interpret physician’s orders and secure a requisition before performing test
2. Obtain the correct amount and type of specimen
3. Draw blood from patient’s finger or vein, observing principles or asepsis to obtain blood samples
4. Conduct quantitative and qualitative chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine and spinal fluid, under supervision of medical technologist
5. Perform blood counts
6. Complete appropriate routing, handling and processing of various medical specimens
7. Operate equipment following appropriate training
8. Perform tests in an accurate and timely manner
9. Perform routine maintenance and log activity on proper form
10. Participate in Quality Assurance activities
11. Assist others when needed for procedures previously trained to perform
12. Participate in continuing education
13. Participate in special projects
14. Inform physicians of lab results
15. Document all request and results of lab work accurately
16. Recognize abnormalities and notify physician immediately
17. Perform daily quality control and cleaning procedures per guidelines
18. Order and stock supplies as needed
19. Demonstrates standard of performance
* High School Diploma
Experience: None. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award-winning team!