NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job - Must be able to rotate between day & evening shifts, weekends and holidays. This is an entry level position.
Location: SECU Family House
Department: Auxiliary Department
Full Time Equivalent: full-time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the direct supervision of Manager of SECU Family House with indirect supervision of Director, Volunteer Services. Provides supervision of Family House operations and guest relations, to assure a safe and comfortable environment for guests. Responsible for communications with NHRMC staff that need to make referrals for family accommodations.
1. Provides on-site coverage to oversee operations and guest relations and assure that all guests are safe and have the services they require.
2. Accepts referrals and fulfills guest accommodations, including; maintenance of room requests, waiting lists & data entry in web-based registration system based on room availability & appropriateness of stay.
3. Responsible for collection of guest payment, daily cash reports and cash drawer shift reconciliation.
4. Accommodates the needs of guests, including communication of important information from NHRMC staff, transportation to hospital in case of emergency, responding to any emergency in the house such as alarms or illness.
5. Responsible for handling and communicating events at shift report off.
6. Knows all safety procedures, telephone procedures and service procedures to provide adequate, compassionate care for all guests.
7. Demonstrates standards of performance at NHRMC (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Education: High School Graduate
- Licensure / Certifications: none
- Experience: 2-3 years reception, greeting, customer service & volunteer experience preferred
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: computer and organizational skills. Must be knowledgeable in MS office, calendar maintenance, Access and web-based data systems.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to work well with the families, patients, doctors, and employees to provide good customer service. Must be able to handle all situations in a compassionate, tactful manner, meeting the needs of the family members, doctors, nurses, the hospital appointed liaison, and the Volunteer Services Office.
- Essential Physical Requirements: Work at desk comfortably, answering telephones. Must be able to move about 2-story facility. Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
- Essential Mental Abilities: Excellent memory and decision-making skills. Must be able to handle difficult situation with tact and diplomacy.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: speech, hearing, walking
- Exposure to Hazards: none
- Population Served: guests, NHRMC staff, and contacts at other medical facilities in and around the Wilmington community.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!