Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: CF - Plant Operations
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under supervision of the Maintenance Coordinator. Works independently or as part of a maintenance team. Receives instructions from Lead Mechanic or Maintenance Coordinator. Is responsible for performing general maintenance, PM’s, assembly, repairs and installation on all hospital systems and associated equipment (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical and architectural).
1. Read, understand and comply with facility and departmental policies and procedures including infection control, hazardous materials, asbestos locations and all applicable job related safety precautions.
2. Performs all trade (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, mechanical, architectural etc.) repairs and installations and assemblies. Prioritizes work by policy, customer needs and convenience schedules. Works as part of a maintenance team or independently.
3. Responds to utilities failures in accordance with policy, taking, if necessary, independent prudent action to safeguard the life and safety of patient, visitors and other staff members.
4. Performs planned maintenance (PM’s) on required assigned equipment maintaining legible, accurate, organized records that can be easily interpret by others.
5. Obtains and prepares materials in the most expeditious and cost effective manner possible. Maintains assigned tool inventory and clean organized work area.
6. Complies with all required educational programs. Maintains necessary records. Completes all required documentation and clerical work.
7. Communicates pertinent information in a professional manner to co-workers and customers to provide seamless feedback in reference to work request issues.
8. Assures all work is done in compliance with all applicable codes and any required permits are secured prior to start of job.
9. Provides instruction to, and fills in for, co-workers when necessary.
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
Experience: Minimum of five years in specific or multi-trade work required. Experience in a hospital or health care facility preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.