NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: In-House Construction
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under direction of Director of Facility Services. Performs in a project management capacity acting as an owner’s representative on all major construction projects, as well as other projects that may be assigned. Projects may involve new construction, renovations, equipment installations, utilities or site work. Coordinates client, visitor, staff, designer and contractor activities on complex projects to assure organizational objectives are met. Monitors quality of work performed by designers, planners and contractors. Works with user groups and design teams to develop scope and construction documents for assigned projects. Manages project scope and fiscal status with routine reporting to managements. Performs other related duties as assigned to meet organizational goals
1. Coordinates efforts with Construction Services staff and other departments to insure safe and timely completion of construction activities.
2. Report on project status to the Director of Facilities Services and Vice President of Facilities and Support Services.
3. Acts as a project manager on projects in addition to project management team administrative duties.
4. Coordinates, monitors and documents the design/construction process & activities to ensure that scope, budget & schedule are accomplished. Identifies nature and impact of design/construction related issues along with financial impact. Negotiates timely resolution of issues with responsible parties. Ensures the project objectives of the hospital are met.
5. Monitors construction progress on assigned projects to assure that contractors adhere to sound construction and installation practices, project specifications, and applicable regulations notifying the designer’s representative of deficiencies identified. Follows up to insure the responsible parties from project start through project release to the NHRMC maintenance department address all issues.
6. Communicates and coordinates activities between various hospital departments, designers and contractors to minimize disruption to services and assure continuity of patient care activities. Arranges for the interruption and restoration of utility or other systems serving project areas in consideration of their impact on the project and patient care.
7. Reviews project financial information for tracking and follow up, assuring that clear audit trails are present. Maintains current project binders documenting project status, cash flow projection data and other project specific communications required by the NCS project checklist. Provides electronic and paper as-built information for the facilities administrator at project completion
8. Coordinates with Safety Services to identify the need to institute Interim Life Safety Measures, formulating a plan of action and assuring these are put in place and enforced. Coordinates with Infection Control to create an initial project assessment and then monitors ICRA throughout construction.
9. Analyzes work place safety measures and coordinates with Safety Services Department. Authorized to stop work if there is an imminent danger to the personnel or the Life Safety Systems of the hospital.
10. Reviews the work on assigned projects and makes recommendation to Director of Facility Services relative to consultant and contractor payment requests.
11. Reviews contractor submittals for compliance with project specifications and hospital requirements.
Education: BS degree in construction management; architecture; engineering; or possessing equivalent experience such as 10 years in a construction supervision position.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None required; registered architect or engineer is preferred.
3. Experience: Experienced in coordinating interfaces and managing owner interests with complex construction projects. Four years in one of the following: Owner’s Construction Management representative, or Design Team construction representative. Two years of Medical Facilities Management or construction experience in addition is required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.