NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Heart&Vascular Institute Assoc
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the general direction of the Medical Records Lead, this employee is responsible locating, logging, retrieving and delivering medical records as assigned.
1. Pull, for scheduled appointments in advance. Enter chart location in Fastracker.
2. As files are returned deliver, transport, sort and enter files into Fastracker
3. Continually check for misfiled charts and re-files according to filing system. Maintain orderly files
4. File medical reports according to established order
5. Pull and file x-ray jackets
6. Make up new patient charts, repair damaged charts, and assist in locating and filing records
7. Work with clinical and non-clinical employees to route charts to proper location(s)
8. Answer telephone, take messages, and give information in accordance with established procedures
9. Follow medical records policies and procedures
10. Duplicated documents and forms as required
11. Attend required meetings
12. May be responsible for doing the courier run to the various offices of this practice and accessing charts stored outside of the practice
* Drivers License Class C
Experience: 1 year experience in a high volume EMR medical office setting. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
#HeartAndVascular #Wilmington #NovantHealth