NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Outpatient - Pharmacy
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Employee works under the supervision of the pharmacist. As directed, provides assistance to pharmacists by profiling medications and products, preparing and delivering these products, and maintaining adequate inventory of stock and supplies. Employee must be proficient at accessing and viewing pharmacy electronic information systems and pharmacy automated systems. Employee will work in multiple areas of the pharmacy, as directed, to maintain competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope.
1. Assists in medication preparation by selecting, counting, compounding, packaging, delivering and labeling per established departmental guidelines.
2. Triages telephone calls in the pharmacy. Assists customers at the pharmacy window.
3. Processes patient medication charges and credits as needed.
4. Maintains appropriate levels of inventory in dispensing areas. This may include prepackaging or assembly of medications for future dispensing.
5. Performs all advanced operations of pharmacy automated systems.
a. Including: Automated dispensing machine reporting, Central pharmacy automation maintenance, and advanced oral compounding.
6. Demonstrates advanced proficiency in pharmacy computer systems and can train others in basic computer system use.
7. Performs pharmacy and medication unit inspections.
8. Receives the medication order, puts the order into pharmacy stock, and delivers floor stock to patient care areas in the hospital.
9. Performs all advanced operations in the outpatient pharmacy including advanced automation management, prescription fulfillment, advanced prescription computer system management and operating the cash register if applicable to position. Must be able to complete training for new technicians in these areas.
10. Obtains and documents accurate and complete patient medication histories if applicable to position.
11. Assists in the training and mentoring of new technicians, students, residents and pharmacists. Offers evaluation feedback on training performance.
* Registered Pharmacy Tech-NC
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* High School Diploma
Experience: One year of experience as a pharmacy technician at NHRMC OR Two years of healthcare experience prior to hire OR Graduate of ASHP accredited pharmacy technology associates program OR Graduate of ASHP accredited pharmacy technology diploma program AND one year of healthcare experience. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.