NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Hospitalist Physicians
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The primary responsibilities of the Hospitalist Program Coordinator are to lead the daily operations of the Hospitalist program in conjunction with the medical director, including but not limited to coordination of care to promote optimal outcomes (clinical, financial, satisfaction). The coordinator will facilitate compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational performance standards with all internal and external customers and will possess strong clinical knowledge, communication and leadership skills. The coordinator is highly motivated, organized, self directed, and supports the mission values, NHRMC Standards of performance and Magnet standards of the medical center.
1. Participates in, plans, develops, organizes and evaluates the hospitalist program in conjunction with the hospitalist medical director and executive director.
2. Communicates and shares information with staff in monthly staff meetings as requested .
3. Maintains communication between the hospitalists and all patient care providers including primary care physicians, home health, DME and pharmaceutical companies and hospital staff.
4. Acts as a clinical / educational resource for patients, families and interdisciplinary team members.
5. Communicates effectively in writing and verbally
6. Facilitates goal setting, planning and marketing for the program.
7. Participates in the development of order sets and clinical guidelines as needed.
8. Gathers and analyses data relevant to the program and implements plans for resolutions of problems or concerns.
9. Develops processes to enhance the efficient utilization of resources by the hospitalists.
10. Assists physicians in complying with patient billing requirements.
11. Attends appropriate medical facility meetings concerning policies and procedures that may impact the program.
12. Acts as a spokesperson for the hospitalists at meetings and on performance improvement committees as appropriate.
13. Works constructively with all physicians, hospital leadership, and other professionals to accomplish organizational and program goals.
* Registered Nurse
* Bachelor of Nursing
1. Licensure / Education: Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of North Carolina; Bachelors degree or enrollment in a bachelors program required.
2. Certifications: BCLS required and certification in departmental specialty preferred.
3. Experience: 5 years experience as an RN and 3 years as a case manager. Successful progressive supervisory / management experience preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!