NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: Financial Reporting
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Financial Reporting. Performs a diverse and complex variety of administrative/project accounting duties using knowledge of Lawson financial reporting system, operations, procedures, general terminology and administrative skills. Performs duties using discretion and independent judgment. Has charge of budget and record accounting for detailed and complex projects, reporting of project status to the Project Management Team and providing cash flow projections to Fiscal Services utilized for Senior Leadership presentations.
1. Reviews and approves new capital requests in Strata. Performs initial Finance review and corresponds with requestor and department management until any issues/questions are resolved then routes the capital forward for additional review/approval. Once the capital request is approved by all necessary parties, the Project Accountant creates an activity and budget in Lawson. The proper asset life/category assignment is established in accordance with the American Hospital Association Guide for Estimated Useful Lives of Depreciable Hospital Assets. Provides assistance to Strata end users as needed.
2. Assists Project Management Team in project administration of multiple large and complex projects simultaneously. Duties including all aspects from procuring supplies/materials to processing vendor invoices. Responsible for mathematical and contractual verification, developing and implementing account coding, review and processing of change orders and payment applications.
3. Reports project financial status on an ongoing basis and works cooperatively with the assigned Project Manager.
4. Prepares budgets and cash flow projections for construction/facility projects.
5. Provides accounting entries to Fiscal Services on a regular basis (Capitalization of Labor Cost to Projects) or periodic basis (closing of projects or reclassing of projects costs or dept expenses).
6. Assists Manager in development of departmental policies and procedures.
7. Assists in obtaining information from outside agencies.
8. Produces all necessary documentation for project financial tracking and follow up assuring that clear audit trails are present. Maintains current project diaries documenting project status, problems, and decisions made.
9. Prepares all work with maximum independence, accuracy, and completeness, acting with insight and forethought.
10. Performs periodic reconciliation of Fiscal Services project accounting reports.
11. Responsible for independently investigating and resolving discrepancies with Fiscal Services project accounting records.
* Associate Degree
1. Education: BS Degree in Accounting preferred; High School Graduate with 2 years of college level coursework in accounting and general computer skills required.
2. Licensure: None
3. Experience: Three years in accounting field with BS Degree in Accounting, otherwise 5 years in accounting office with similar responsibilities and minimum education requirement. Prefer experience with capital asset acquisitions and depreciation. Experience with Excel required and experience with Lawson Software preferred. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.