Accounts Payable Associate
3151 S. 17Th Street
Job ID: 11785
Date Posted: Nov 11, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: Treasury Operations
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Reports to Manager of Accounts Payable. Processes purchase order and non-purchase order vendor invoices for payment, as well as travel and employee business expense reimbursements and patient refunds as assigned. Responsible for general administrative duties around the accounts payable process to include filing, photocopying, sorting and distributing mail and answering vendor and internal customer inquiries via telephone and e-mail. Works with purchasing and materials management personnel to resolve discrepancies and other issues resulting from a 3-way match invoice processing system. Processes all vendor, employee and patient refund payments in accordance with Medical Center policies and procedures. Assist with monthly vendor expense accruals to ensure proper expense reporting in monthly financial statements. Assists with monthly Accounts Payable closeout procedures and processing of weekly and demand check runs
1. Process purchase order and non-purchase order invoices for payment in the Perceptive Solution Eform workflow and Lawson ERP system in accordance with established policies and procedures.
2. Receive, open, and sort internal and external mail, both electronic and hardcopy. Scan invoices into the Intellicapture document imaging application and verify invoices for accuracy and legibility for processing within the Perceptive Solution Eform workflow. Retain copies of scanned documents until deemed appropriate by AP retention policy.
3. Distribute utilizing the Perceptive Solution Eform workflow non-purchase order invoices for proper account coding and approval by appropriate department management based on the established Authority to Commit Funds policy and procedure. Resolve any errors or omissions with necessary parties. Process manual entries directly into Lawson ERP as required.
4. Work with Purchasing and Materials Management on a daily basis to resolve 3-way match discrepancies and to create efficient workflow between Accounts Payable, Materials Management and Purchasing.
5. Follow-up with vendors and other departments (as applicable) concerning unpaid invoices or other issues. Review vendor statements to ensure unpaid invoices are resolved timely.
6. Assist in the monthly vendor expense accruals to ensure proper financial reporting on a monthly basis. Maintain knowledge of the payment status of assigned non-purchase order vendors to ensure accuracy of monthly expense accruals.
7. Process travel and employee business expense reimbursements and/or patient refund checks as assigned in accordance with established policies and procedures.
8. Monitor and reconcile activity of Medical Center issued corporate credit cards ensuring appropriate support has been provided by cardholders and expense allocation has been approved.
9. Process weekly and demand check runs in Lawson and obtain proper approval from Asst. VP/Controller prior to releasing or mailing checks. Retain electronic copies of all checks processed for future retrieval.
10. Process credit card payments of invoiced transactions as deemed appropriate by AP Management.
11. Assist with monthly closeout procedures in Lawson as assigned.
12. Obtain 1099 information and/or completed W-9 forms from vendors as necessary and assist with annual 1099 reporting processes as assigned.
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Associate degree in accounting or equivalent training required. Equivalent training includes 3 years of work experience processing vendor payables in an organization of equivalent complexity.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None
3. Experience: Minimum of 3 years applicable work experience in accounts payable position or related field.
4. Proficient with Microsoft Excel.