NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Light House
Full Time Equivalent: full-time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the On-Site Coordinator - Kona Coast and responsible for the supervision of the daily operation of the coffee shop.
1. Demonstrates a daily commitment to meeting or exceeding the established Standards of Performance.
2. Prepares assigned menu items for coffee shop according to forecasted quantities and standardized recipes.
3. Cleans and prepares fresh meats and vegetables by washing, peeling, slicing, etc., using equipment such as peelers, slicers, knives, etc.
4. Combines ingredients and cooks into finished food items such as hot/cold foods using equipment such as ovens, fryers, refrigerators, etc.
5. Portions menu items according to recipes and production sheets.
6. Cleans machinery and work area according to established cleaning schedules.
7. Stores food items and cleaning chemicals according to department procedures.
8. Trains all new employees to be able to meet duties required by department in an efficient and satisfactory manner.
9. Supervises the daily operation of coffee shop and all coffee shop employees including department cash handling procedures.
10. Performs related duties such as ordering and inventory of all coffee shop items, assisting others, and special assignments.
General Education Degree
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None.
3. Experience: One year in restaurant or institutional food service required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!